Reporting to: Lead Web Developer
Date advertised: February 2022
Employee Referral Bounty Eligible
Zap-Map is the UK’s leading app and digital platform for electric vehicle (EV) drivers, enabling them to search for charge points, plan journeys, pay on participating networks, and share updates with other EV drivers. We aim to provide EV drivers with peace of mind and the confidence to drive any length of journey in their EV.
We are a high growth company in the scale-up phase, with a market-leading technology brand. With the financial backing of Good Energy Plc, the leading renewable energy company, Zap-Map’s mission is to accelerate the shift to electric vehicles and help the drive towards zero carbon mobility.
Zap-Map is the go-to data source for EV drivers in the UK. We provide market leading tools for current and prospective EV drivers. Our highly-rated apps have enjoyed rapid growth in the UK with over 500K downloads to date and are central to our digital strategy, serving over 180K monthly active users. With over 10 years of industry experience and unique EV data sets, Zap-Map also offers a range of B2B services including promotion, content, data, and market insights.
Given the impact of Covid-19 on company operations across the UK, we are adopting a hybrid approach for remote and office working. While working from home is supported, all employees are based in the South West so that they can attend meetings in our BS1 office as required (typically over 1-2 days per week).
We are currently looking for a Senior React.js / Frontend Developer to work closely with the Team Lead and Technical Architect to maintain and develop the frontend views of the Zap-Map platform, with particular responsibility for the Zap-Map desktop map [URL: https://map.zap-map.com] and associated products.
The role provides a chance to play a key role in a new and disruptive sector, creating well-written software driving high-quality user interfaces in the EV space, with a particular focus on the development of a new platform and product. You would be joining the company undergoing rapid growth, with plenty of opportunities to take on new responsibilities as the company grows.
As we are already the market leader in the UK, now is a great time to join us. We always welcome fresh ideas, and we are positive about continuous improvements as our operation matures and the team grows. We encourage professional development, and training will be provided where required.
Key duties and responsibilities
* To maintain and develop high quality code
* To maintain and develop our front end web services based on agreed tech requirements
* Work closely with the Lead Developer and wider tech team to optimise, rebuild, and refactor legacy codebases with a focus on scalability and user experience.
* Work with Tech Leads and the CTO to develop solutions that meet strict security, data privacy, performance, and resiliency requirements
* Provide hands-on technical knowledge in the development, operation, and ongoing improvement of our digital services
* Ensure solutions adhere to agreed architectural approaches, and are delivered on time, meeting end user expectations
Essential technical skills
* Extensive experience of RESTful API and third party integration
* Understanding of SOLID principles and Object-Oriented Programming
* Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
* Experience of unit testing
* Use Git version control system, and of working in agile environment
Preferential technical skills
* Degree-level educated – 2.1 or above
* Commercial experience with PHP, MySQL (or other relational databases)
* Commercial experience with PHP Frameworks (Laravel, Zend, Symphony, etc)
* Commercial experience of working with Google Maps or other mapping platforms
* Commercial experience of implementing e-commerce platform or payment gateways
Essential team skills
* Ability to communicate confidently with people from any level of the business
* Creative-minded and able to identify and solve problems
* Commercially aware and able to focus on business targets
The EV market is growing at an extraordinary pace. Working at Zap-Map means working in an innovative organisation, where new ideas and developments need to be actioned and deployed quickly. As one of the leading aggregator businesses in this space, you will have the chance to join a dynamic team and actively contribute to a more sustainable future.
For the role advertised, we are offering a competitive salary plus new benefits package:
* Performance-related annual bonus scheme
* Pension & Benefits scheme
* Flexible working options available
* Professional training to extend your skills
How to apply
To formally apply, please send a covering letter together with your CV to email@example.com.
Posted: February 2022